I have been having problems accessing the K9 log messages using aLogcat, see below for more details. What I would like to know is:
- Why are no log messages from K9 appearing in the aLogcat log viewer?
- Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can see the full text of the errors which are occurring when trying to sync my K9 folders?
- Could something have changed in Jelly Bean which lead K9's logging to stop working?
- Since there seem to be remarkably few messages being shown by aLogcat in general, has something has changed in Jelly Bean which could mean that it is no longer able to access all messages?
I have recently been having connection problems with K9. My folders fail to sync and the folder list ends up full of socket errors (
libcore.io.ErrnoException:) or ssl errors (
javex.net.ssl.SSLException:) etc. where the last checked time should be. I get different messages depending on which problem is occurring at the time, but I can't see the full text of the error message, so it's difficult to guess what the cause might be.
Thinking that the log files might contain more information, I followed the instructions at Recording a debug log, enabled debug logging in K9, installed aLogcat and tried to look at the logs. Sadly, whichever log buffer I select (Main, Events or Radio), there appear to be no messages from K9.
If I add the suggested
(k9|AndroidRuntime) regex filter then I see nothing in any of the logs. If I remove it then Main contains mostly garbage collection messages, Events seem to contain mostly messages from aLogcat itself and I haven't seen a log message in Radio yet.
If it makes any difference, I'm using a Nexus 7, but I would have thought that logging would have been to a standard location which wouldn't change between android versions.