The Conditional Rules module allows for including Rules Conditions within Rules Actions (using its
If/Else constructs), something you cannot do by only using the Rules module. Here are just a few (out of many) typical questions that can be solved by using Conditional Rules:
- How to create a rule to assign roles to users based on some checkbox items in their profile?
- How to use Rules to email users when any field(s) is changed in a node (and include the unchanged/changed values for that field)?
However, there are some issues with the Conditional Rules module, such as:
- It does not have an official release for D7 yet.
- There is not a lot of documentation about it (and no Community documentation).
- There are some scenarios for which this module produces incorrect results.