I want apache to forward request coming to one server to another server. Here is the complete scnario:
There are 3 servers:
- Machine A - IP: A.A.A.A - Client machine which wants to call an API there on machine C.
- Machine B - IP: B.B.B.B - Intermediate machine
- Machine C - IP: C.C.C.C - Machine hosting the API.
API URL: http:// Machine c:8000/v1/customer/....
- Machine A -> Machine B: Telnet on port 80 - Good
- Machine B -> Machine C: Telnet on port 8000 - Good
- Machine A -> Machine C: Telnet on port 8000 - Bad
Ideally, from Machine A I want to call an API on machine C, but since I do not have direct n/w connectivity between A and C, I have to take this route.
So I wanted to set up apache server on machine B such that: From Machine A, make an API call - http:// Machine B:80/v1/customer/.... which then forwards it to Machine C on port 8000. C serves the request and sends the response back to A.
The task might be simple but me being new to this apache, if someone can please tell me the solution, it will be great for my tomorrow's deadline :)