We do business largely in the United States and are trying to improve user experience by combining all the address fields into a single text area. But there are a few problems:
- The address the user types may not be correct or in a standard format
- The address must be separated into parts (street, city, state, etc.) to process credit card payments
- Users may enter more than just their address (like their name or company with it)
- Google can do this but the Terms of Service and query limits are prohibitive, especially on a tight budget
Apparently, this is a common question:
- PHP script to parse address?
- How do I parse the free format address to save into the DataBase
- java postal address parser
- More efficient way to extract address components
- How can i show a pre populated postal address in contacts screen with street, city, zip on android
- PHP regexp US address
Is there a way to isolate an address from the text around it and break it into pieces? Is there a regular expression to parse addresses?