We use spinnaker to deploy dockerized microservices over all environments. Process description:
- Integration env - pipeline is triggered by new tag appears in registry
- QA env - manually triggered int-to-qa pipeline:
- Step "Find Image from Cluster" to find what tag is deployed on the Integration env
- Deploy found tag to QA env
This process works fine. But there is an enhancement I want to implement.
We have another pipeline to move all deployed services from Integration to QA env. It triggers int-to-qa pipeline for all service even for those where INT and QA versions are the same, and deploy is not required. So "Redeploy All" pipeline updates all 20 services, when only 6 of them require for update.
I want to change int-to-qa pipeline:
- Find Image from Integration
- Find Image from QA
- If images 1 and 2 are the same - complete pipeline successfully
- Otherwise, deploy Integration image to QA
And I don't have any idea how to implement step 3.